Additional training addiction prevention of gambling problems.
Target group: Employees of casinos.
Prior education requirements: None
Level: MBO ( Secondary Vocational training) HBO (Higher Professional Education)
Duration of training:
1 day from 10.00 – 17.00 prior to rounding off the e-learning successfully.
Number of participants: Maximum of 12
- Own attitude towards gambling issues and gambling addiction.
- Defining guests
- Stages of independence
- Risk groups
- Quick identification, recognition of signals and interventions
- Personal story of a peer supporter.
- Possibilities for help and advice for guests (and their loved ones) of the casino
- Introduction and basic conversational skills in communication
- Model of behavioral change Prochaska and Diclemente
- Practise with a training actor
Goals of the basic training prevention gambling issues
- Enlarging knowledge of gambling issues
- Knowledge of rules and legislation (duty of care) and prevention policy of the casino
- Prevention of gambling issues and gambling addiction.
- Recognition of guests with gambling issues in the casino
- Broaden conversational skills
- Advising guests on suitable possibilities for help and advice.
In this training course, the trainer (who meets all the extra legal requirements), the training actor (present half day) and the peer supporter (present for an hour) work together to reach the goals. Several different working methods are used like a presentation, debate, creating a mindmap, tests, “carrousel model”, conversation simulations, spiral of success and working in subgroups.
Derogations: not applicable
Study load: 7 training hours and 3 hours of preparation/reflection
Special Requirements: To follow this course it is mandatory to have completed the e-learning “prevention of gambling issues” successfully.
Course Material: e-reader and e-learning, during the course we also provide material on paper.
Assessment: The trainer evaluates the participants on the aspects of attitude, motivation and behaviour. The participant needs to score at least sufficient on each topic.
The training prevention gambling issues and associated e-learning are certified by GGZ Nederland and VAN-speelautomaten and guarantee the right to Legal Exhibit Gambling care.