Target group: Employees and supervisors of casinos.
Prior education requirements: None
Level: MBO ( Secondary Vocational training) HBO (Higher Professional Education)
Duration of training:
1 day from 10.00 – 17.00
Number of participants: Maximum of 12
- Conflict Styles
- Handling A and B behaviour (frustration aggression)
- Handling C behaviour (instrumental aggression)
- Handling D behaviour ( physical / explosive aggression)
- Bad news interviews
- Complaint interviews
- Influence on substance use and aggression
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- LSD-conversational technique
Goals of the training Conflict Management
After this training the participants are able to
- Bend instrumental aggression
- Catch frustration aggression
- Perform an effective complaint interview
- Recognise building tension within yourself and the guest
- De-escalate and control regulation techniques
- Set boundaries while maintaining the work relationship intuitively and professionally
- Offering care and aftercare to colleagues after a shocking event
- De-escalate according to the ABCD-model
The training is provided by a trainer together with the use of a training actor during the entire day. Theory and practice are connected. A lot of practise on communication skills and personal communication style will be done with the training actor. The regulation techniques will be mastered. During the entire day, participants will be aware of the effect aggression has on themselves, the colleagues and the guests in the casino.
Derogations: not applicable
Study load: 7 training hours and 3 hours of preparation/reflection
Special Requirements: none
Course Material: e-reader and e-learning, during the course we also provide material on paper.
Assessment: The trainer evaluates the participants on the aspects of attitude, motivation and behaviour. The participant needs to score at least sufficient on each topic.
After the end of successfully completing the course, participants will receive a digital certificate. This certificate meets up the requirements DEKRA sets to training casino employees in conflict management.
More information and/or request for quotation?