This training is always custom made and in close consultation with the client.
Target group: Employees and/or supervisors/managers of casinos.
Prior education requirements: None
Level: MBO ( Secondary Vocational training) HBO (Higher Professional Education)
Duration of training:
In agreement varying from 1 to 3 days depending on the desired programme.
Number of participants: Maximum of 12
- Own attitude towards gambling issues and gambling addiction.
- Policy of the casino
- Expanding of conversational skills (e.g. motivational conversations)
- Dealing with resistance from guests.
- Coaching and motivating employees
- Update laws and regulations games of chance
Goals of the in depth training prevention gambling issues
- Enlarging and updating knowledge of gambling issues
- Knowledge of rules and legislation (duty of care) and prevention policy of the casino
- Optimal prevention of gambling issues and gambling addiction.
- Efficient communication with guests and staff.
In this training course, the trainer (who meets all the extra legal requirements), the training actor (present half day) and the peer supporter (present for an hour) work together to reach the goals. Several different working methods are used like a presentation, debate, creating a mindmap, tests, “carrousel model”, conversation simulations, spiral of success and working in subgroups. The input of the group is important for determining the best working method.
Derogations: not applicable
Study load: 7 – 21 training hours and 6 hours of preparation/reflection
Special Requirements: To follow this course it is mandatory to possess a legal certificate of the basic training course prevention of gambling issues.
Course Material: e-reader and e-learning, during the course we also provide material on paper.
Assessment: The trainer evaluates the participants on the aspects of attitude, motivation and behaviour. The participant needs to score at least sufficient on each topic.
The in depth training prevention gambling issues entitles to the certificate of the Centre for playing responsibly.
More information and/or request for quotation?