Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen (Centre for Responsible Gambling)
Artikel 1: Definitions
- Organization: Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen.
- Complainant: a participant in a course or training or a client of a service.
- Complaint: complaint about a service or education or training, about the organization and/or content of Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen.
Article 2: Submitting a complaint
- The complaint, which will be treated confidentially, must be submitted to Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complaint must be motivated.
Article 3: Handling and decision of the complaint
- Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen will send an acknowledgement of receiving the complaint by e-mail to the complainant within 5 working days.
- Upon request, Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen will provide the complainant with all relevant and available information regarding the complaint within 5 working days.
- The complainant and the director of Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen, with, if applicable, the trainer, actor and/or experience expert, will first enter into a conversation if possible. This interview takes place within 4 weeks after submission of the complaint, to discuss the complaint and come to a solution.
- Trainer is the person who provides the course in its entirety;
- Actor is the person who provides support to the course;
- Experience expert is the person who shares his or her own experiences with gambling addictions.
- The complainant will receive a report and the decisions taken in consultation within 2 weeks after the interview. The actions agreed upon will be carried out by Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen within 2 weeks. In the event that no agreement can be reached, Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen will make a decision. This decision includes at least the findings, conclusions, responses of the complainant and the defendant regarding the handling of the complaint.
- If the aforementioned deadlines cannot be handled by the defendant, the complainant will be informed within 5 working days with an indication of when realization is expected.
- All complaints are registered and stored centrally. The complaint with all associated data will be kept for 1 year from the date of settlement.
- A complaint is considered to be settled if:
- The parties have come to a solution to the problem among themselves and it has been carried out satisfactorily;
- A ruling has been made by an appropriate arbitration institute.
Article 4: Appeal
- If the complainant does not agree with the decision of Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen, he can lodge an appeal and the complaint will be settled in accordance with the Regulations of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute in Rotterdam. The opinion of the N.A.I. is binding for all parties involved.
- If the judgment of the N.A.I. leads to actions for Centrum voor Verantwoord Spelen, these will be carried out within 2 weeks.
Article 5: Effective date
- This policy will take effect on 1 March 2022.